How to Transfer a Patient
To arrange a patient transfer:
- The designated trauma hospital and contact phone number for the day are listed on our home page. Call the listed emergency department phone number and ask for the trauma surgeon.
- Arrange for the appropriate level of transportation, and personnel, and request a stat transport. Our goal is to receive the patient within 60 minutes from the time the trauma surgeon accepts the patient.
- Print out the Tacoma Trauma Transfer Checklist from the web site and place the completed form in the patient transfer packet.
- Provide family members with directions, a map, and phone number of the receiving hospital.
- When the patient leaves your facility to be transported to the designated trauma hospital, contact the receiving trauma hospital with an estimated time of arrival.