The Trauma Trust Acute Care Surgery Service (ACSS) provides comprehensive emergency general surgery services to patients at both the St Joseph Medical Center and the Tacoma General Hospital.
The benefits to the community include:
- Hospital-based, board-certified general surgeons available 24 / 7 / 365
- Rapid evaluation and management of patients with urgent or emergency surgical conditions presenting to the emergency department
- Prompt inpatient consultations on patients already admitted to the hospital
- Rapid OR scheduling of patients requiring surgery for urgent conditions
- Continuity of care provided through our outpatient clinics at the Frank S. Baker Center (Tacoma General Hospital) and the CHI Franciscan St. Joseph Medical Center.
Board-certified general surgeons currently staffing the ACSS:
Lisa M. Schomogyi, MD, FACS
Dr. Lisa Schomogyi received her medical degree from the University of California at Irvine. She completed her general surgery internship and residency at the University of Washington. Previously she has been a surgical attending physician for Indiana Surgical Specialists and Three Rivers Surgical Associates in Fort Wayne, Indiana. In 1994 she became a Fellowof the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Schomogyi currently is an attending surgeon for Trauma Trust’s Acute Care Surgery Service.
Megan Cecchini, MD
Dr. Cecchini received her medical degree from West Virginia University School of Medicine. She completed her internship and residency in General Surgery at Virginia Mason Medical Center in Seattle, WA. She became board certified in General Surgery in 2016. She is currently an attending surgeon for the Trauma Trust Acute Care Surgery Service at both Tacoma General Hospital and St. Joseph Medical Center. Dr. Cecchini enjoys taking care of patients with acute surgical issues. Her outside interests include traveling, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding and supporting local sports teams.
Brenton Ward, MD